Saturday, October 6, 2007

So, here's what's new....

Wow, not working full-time is tough! I've been painting, working at the Gallery, and crossing my fingers tightly, hoping for the house to sell. Robert's been working very hard doing handyman work, making the house look great. Now we just have to find a buyer....

Going out to price a mural tomorrow. Just finished 3 new watercolors and an OIL. The oil was fun, fun, fun...like finding a friend who hasn't been around for a while. All four paintings will be heading to the LDAF's Blue Jean Ball on October 20 at Nassau Valley Vineyards. It's a fundraising event that's catered by local restaurants, Love Seed Mama Jump will be playing, and there will be a large art show featuring 20 local artists. The Cape Gazette did a nice piece on the event yesterday, with a pic of yours truly.

So the plan now is to work solely on oils for a while. I have a new one in progress as we speak. I'd like to have four or five new oils for the Lewes Historical Society show in February '08.

Oh, and a lesson learned this week: Never, never, never stand a sheet of glass on end and lean it up against a wall. I did that at the gallery the other day and the sheet of glass fell against my leg, slicing my ankle like a piece of lunchmeat. Talk about blood, yeesh. I'm the kind of person who can't even look when I'm giving blood without nearly passing out. Live and learn.

No comments: