Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter hibernation and spring training

The one good thing about winter - and I'm only coming up with one - is that there's more "time" to get things done. I've been painting a lot, but also am working on getting my running speed back to where it was. Last year I really slacked off, cut down on my racing and basically plodded along for the most part. Enough of that. This year, my goal is to consistently back under 23:00 5k's, something I got away from last year. 1/2 marathon training begins February 1st and I'm working on an aggressive training program. What the hell...may as well make use of these winter months for productive things.

Unfortunately, I'm on the tail end of my age group - meaning I'm the "old" one. When August comes, I move up to the next (!!) age group, but I'll be on the "young" end. So, good and bad.

Stay warm. Take vitamin D. Pray for spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowee! You will do it, I can tell. That kind of determination deserves warm weather all year round. Sounds like someone is dreaming of moving south one day!