Sunday, December 12, 2010

Drugs.

I never realized how much of a drug caffeine is until I quit cold turkey a few years ago. The resulting headache (not nearly strong enough of a word....more like head severing) was so excruciating, I could hardly stand it. I held a bag of frozen peas on my head (and wasn't THAT attractive) for hours on end. It felt like what I would imagine being stabbed in the temples with a very large kitchen knife would feel like. So anyone who tells you that caffeine doesn't affect them is LYING. They just don't know because they're are currently drinking it. Try to stop, smartypants. I did end up starting my addiction again, and have continued. I will probably now drink coffee until I die, just to avoid the painful withdrawal. Oh, there's some intelligent thinking.
Below is a new painting that won't come through in the right orientation, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate it in blogger. You'd think that would be an easy thing to do. If it IS an easy thing to do, it's escaping me. This is a commission, and I love it. One of my faves.

No comments: