Friday, September 6, 2013

Kayaking


This summer I've been lucky enough to keep my kayak at work and take it out after the work day. The Rehoboth Canal runs behind the Art League and you can paddle toward Gordon's Pond, toward Rehoboth, or straight back into the back bays toward Lewes. It's amazingly beautiful and peaceful. The other night, I had some visitors...the dog on the dock was desperate to jump in the kayak with me. He seemed to be impatient for his owner to get the boat ready, which was still tied to the dock. He ran along the canal with me as I paddled, then as you can see...stopped for a closer look.
The blue heron in this tree had just flown from the marsh reeds as I went by. If you've never been close to a Blue Heron, they are huge in person, with a really large wing span that makes a really cool noise when they flap. They seem prehistoric up close. I'd take a tiny kayak any day over a jet ski or power boat.

No comments: