Tuesday, September 9, 2014

New one in progress

 Well, it's been a while since I painted in the studio - probably not since July. That always seems to happen this time of year, go figure. I could feel the urge starting again the other night, and made it as far as walking into the studio, seeing a primed canvas on the easel, and puttering around picking things up off the floor. I left, not touching the canvas, but knew the desire was rushing back.

So last night, I went back. And I spent about an hour getting this painting started, blocking in colors. I got quite a bit done in that time, or started I should say. This will be a Lewes beach scene. Very early in the game, but it felt good - kind of along the lines of getting a massage or doing yoga - as I stood at the easel. Good to be back.


No comments: