Thursday, March 19, 2015

Training Updates

So, as predicted - this has been quite a challenging winter to be training for the Boston Marathon. There has been cold, ice, sleet, slush, mud, heavy winds...pretty much everything except nice weather. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at least I don't live in Boston! I think they're still digging out.

These are photos from a 12 mile run that started with snow, then changed to sleet mid way. That's a frozen iPod cord, and frozen hat, hair, jacket, skin, etc.






I managed not to slip on any of the snow/ice to the point where I fell. Now that all that is melted, I fell. On a rock. Outcome, not so great, but nothing broken, and I did get up and run 9 more miles.





At least the training has been interesting. 20 this Sunday, hoping for "uneventful".

No comments: