Monday, February 18, 2008

Sheridan and Plein Aire

For those of you who don't know Sheridan, he's a friend of mine who recently scored a job at the YMCA of Honolulu. (Lucky dog.) He seems to be loving it out there and has a blog of his own - www.sheridaninoahu.blogspot.com It is definitely a "laugh out loud" daily read of mine. He needs to get a publisher.

Another good link is www.pleinair-easton.com. This is a juried plein aire competition in July. (Plein aire means painting outside in front of your subject....much trickier than it sounds...see my September posts.) This is a juried competition, meaning you send examples of your work and if they don't like it, you get a sniff and a turned up nose, followed by a curt refusal. (sigh!) This looks like a very well-attended event, and I fell in love with plein aire painting last year. I've submitted my examples and now await acceptance or the dreaded dear John art refusal. Cross your fingers.

Off to run 13 miles. Wow, I just love marathon training.

2 comments:

Sheridan said...

Do I have to send you money for the plug about my blog? Do you take Yen?

Sheridan said...

Do I have to pay you money since you plugged my blog? Do you take Yen??