Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ah, a dull moment around here.

That's a line from Bell, Book and Candle that I particularly liked. And that is, indeed, the current situation. They happen so infrequently. And you know, dull is probably not the word for it. Just quiet. Getting laundry done, painting a commissioned piece that should go pretty quickly, wondering if the rain will ever stop.

This latest commission is for a house painting - a watercolor this time. I used to do exclusively watercolor but have been painting in oil for the past year. It feels strange to switch back, but MAN, are watercolors FASTER! Whew, I'm just breezing through this one, and that's a good, good thing. The sooner I can get these 3 commissions done, the sooner I can get my inventory back up....which has rapidly depleted.

Speaking of that, two paintings sold at the Blue Jean Ball a couple of weeks ago - Prime Hook Peace and Lewes Farm. I don't think I mentioned that, and if I did, I apologize. It's been a crazy couple of months and half the time I can't remember what I've said to whom and when.

Haley starts rehearsal for "Nuncrackers" tomorrow, a fun Christmas show, in a non-traditional sense. I'm still working on the set for Christmas Carol, out at Possum Point in Georgetown. I'm taking a mini break from theatre, but hopefully will get out and audition for spring shows. I miss it already.

Speaking of spring - my winter project is to "borrow" Duane Keiser's idea (a fabulous artist, you can find him at duanekeiser.com. He did 100 4x6 mini paintings and sold them for $100 each. 100 for 100. Love the idea, so am tackling it as my winter thang. Hopefully it'll keep me occupied in the long, cold, dark winter days as I count the days till spring.

Oh, and I'm now represented by Hardcastle's Gallery in Centreville DE. Thanks to Leo for hooking me up!

Peace out! :)

No comments: