Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer, summer, summer

Technically it's still spring, but oh....it feels like summer. And I love it! I don't think I would ever get tired of this weather if it was year round. So nice to be able to walk outside barefoot, no jacket, windows open. Ahhhh. And I am not an air conditioning person, only putting it on when it's absolutely necessary or if I have company. I'm finding out that I am decidedly in the minority on this one. (Nothin' new.)

I am full of plans and ideas for the summer. Want to get myself back in good running shape after a very long, sluggish winter. Nutrition getting a kick start as I try to cut most dairy out of my diet. I'm finding that it tends to bother me. I only drink soy milk, but still eat regular cheese, which is probably the culprit. Problem is, I love cheese. I'll try switching to soy cheese for a while and see if that does it. If it does, then I'm make the switch permanent. Sad, but necessary. Probably better for my waistline too.

Ran the Masser 5 miler on Sunday. I was a few seconds off my time, so speed work needs to be incorporated back into my training on a regular basis. As much as I hate it, it really helps. Hill work would probably be beneficial also.

Finished the bench for the children's Beach House, so that is off to my "sponsor" Aerie Art Gallery. I didn't take a picture (camera stolen....) but will take one with my phone when it's on display. Finished the 5 x7 for Camp Rehoboth's Lotto Heart, which was such a fun time last year. Now I just need to crank out some more new work for upcoming shows. It's a never-ending process, but a rewarding one. Hoping to do some larger pieces, just because.

No comments: