Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Art stew

What a great shot. Hope it was a spontaneous moment, that makes it so much more interesting.
Here are two of Mark Stock's paintings. He is a new discovery for me, but he's been around a while. He's a modernist, and his paintings really invoke thought and invite the viewer to come up with back stories for the paintings. Many illustrate the pain of heartbreak or unrequited love. I have a print of "The Butler's in Love" and "Languish", two of his more poignant paintings (in my humble opinion.) These are wonderful too - Leonardo in the above photo, looks like he just got blindsided by a not-so-welcomed letter. The other is a letter or journal entry from a butler suffering from unrequited love. At least, that's my take. What's yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stopped by your blog... this is the second time I saw this post, and I am just NOW noticing "Ass Gallery" L.O. friggin L!!

Anonymous said...

btw... I just had to look it up to see if the lettering was photoshopped, and there actually is a Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery :)

Kim Klabe said...

Well, I'm glad you noticed it, considering that's THE WHOLE JOKE!! :)