Friday, October 22, 2010

Personality tests....ugh

It's kind of disheartening in a way to come out with the same result from every personality test I take. Makes me feel so boooooring. I took the Briggs test years ago, and it was right on the mark. Just took one at a staff retreat, on a much smaller scale, but still very accurate:

(unfortunately my "animal" was a beaver.)

Beavers have a strong need to do things right and by the book. In fact, they are the kind of people who actually read instruction manuals. They are great at providing quality control in an office, and will provide quality control in any situation or field that demands accuracy, such as accounting, engineering, etc. Because rules, consistency and high standards are so important to beavers, they are often frustrated with others who do not share the same characteristics. Their strong need for maintaining high (and often times unrealistic) standards can short-circuit their ability to express warmth in a relationship.

!!! I think I'm offended! Unrealistic standards?? Phhhhfffft!

1 comment:

stacy said...

catching up on your blog, Kim... I took one of these not long ago, and my result was very rules oriented, stuffy... I felt the same way... I thought I hate rules - grrr.