Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stuff

An earthquake and a hurricane in the same week. Interesting. Felt the earthquake, and what a weird feeling that was. Got evacuated for the hurricane, but it turned out that people inland got hit much harder than the coastline, which was the opposite of the prediction. Spent my birthday in Virginia and had a great time.

The weather is cooling down nicely. This is the last day of August, and that really, really makes me sad. I get all melancholy and weepy when summer ends and fall begins. Something about that transition that just gets me. The one good thing is that the end of the stupid striped monstrosities (seen above...in front of my car...a very, very bad place to be) will be going away very soon. The beaches are less crowded (but will be nuts this weekend) and the nights are cool. Windows open...summer sounds, nice breezes. I'm trying to focus on the good stuff, and will be okay, as usual, until after the holidays. Then it's a teeth clenching, deep breathing, heavy-drinking 3 months until spring hits again. LOL. No, but seriously.

1 comment:

stacy said...

Fall is the best time to get in your car and drive (for days)