Thursday, February 16, 2012

And on goes February

Amazingly, I haven't complained much about winter this year, because the weather has been pretty decent. This week is supposed to be in the 50's, which is really warm for February. And we really haven't had any snow, at least not more than a dusting. My crocuses are popping up, and so are daffodils all over the place. Very early, but I'll take it...as long as March and April don't step it up and kick our ass.

I have very small paper cuts all over my hands from handling buttloads of mat board yesterday. And I will say my skin is very dry because of winter, so paper just slices my skin like crazy. Typing hurts, because of the little slits all over my fingertips.

Here's a detail shot of the sunflower painting. Been putting in details and shadows. Still a ways to go, but I'm tired, it's late....and I need to get to bed.


I still need to fix the petals on the fore flower on the bottom left, and then carry the details out to the flowers in the background and also straighten the horizon a bit. Getting there, and so far I'm happy with it.

Life is chugging along, crazy busy as per usual. But it's good. My aunt is in the hospital after suffering a massive stroke. She is still holding on as of tonight. She has always been a great aunt, cool person, and fun to be around. She spoiled her nieces and nephews, having no children of her own. She's heavy on my mind tonight, and my mother and Aunt Ginny are by her side. I just pray that she's as comfortable as possible and that somewhere in that body that has now failed her, she is still there and is deciding when it's time for her to go. I hope Uncle Hub is holding out his hand to her.

No comments: