Monday, April 28, 2008

Half-Marathon......check.

Okay, so that's done. Nothing like listening to a Nor'Easter blow in overnight, the night before the half. Thunder, lightning, wind shaking the windows. Ugh. Plus, the temps dropped about 25 degrees. I was lying there awake at 4 a.m. wondering if I'd be pissed at myself if I just blew off the race. I decided I would, and finally fell asleep. When the alarm went off at 6:30, I got up and it had calmed down. Still cloudy and cool, but not raining. Yet. The rain waited till about mile 3 or 4. But having the rain drip off my visor gave me something to look at. And thankfully my Ipod was in a neoprene holder, so it didn't kick the bucket during the race. And speaking of Ipods, I don't usually wear those during a race - preferring to be very tuned in to what is happening around me - but I kind of enjoyed just tuning in to the music instead this time. Made a killer playlist the night before, which seemed to help with motivation. I had a good run, no walking through water stops, and placed first in my age group. Yay!

20 mile training run this weekend, which will be a nice, slow run.

No comments: