Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Little Foxes

Ever heard of it? Me either....it's an old movie (maybe a book too) starring Betty Davis, and I'm not sure who else. Ive rented it on Netflix, but it hasn't come yet. Am I rambling? Anyway, Possum Point Players is running the show this coming June. I auditioned this week and landed the role of Regina (Betty Davis' part). So I get to play a conniving, evil woman. I'll be a stretch, but.... I believe that Elizabeth Taylor played the role on Broadway. She's one of my favorites. I'll post the dates a little later when I can give more info in general. I'm psyched!

And speaking of theatre, Little Shop of Horrors is playing at Possum Point this weekend. I painted part of the set and also "designed" the crazy dentist's jacket.

Attended a meeting at the Children's Beach House today regarding the painting of the children's adirondack chairs that will be auctioned off this coming August. There are 12 local artists taking part in this venture, and I feel so honored to be one of them. All of the money raised from the auction will go to the kids and families that benefit from the Children's Beach House and their programs. The chairs need to be painted by June 1 and will be in the windows of various local sponsors. Kennedy Gallery is sponsoring Sherry Biele's chair and mine as well.

Sherry and I will also be part of an Open House at the Kennedy Gallery this coming July. More info on that later.

Tomorrow I'm off to my website guru with some of my latest paintings for prints and website postings. Keep an eye out for new stuff. More, more more to come.

Now pray for some sun! Enough rain already!

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

Do you remember nearly 20 years ago when the burning thought in your head was, "I want children so bad."

Yeh, THAT came back to bite you in the ass!