Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hopper #2

No, I'm not talking about restrooms or anything of the like! Had another "Hopper" reference yesterday regarding my painting style. Very cool.

Yesterday I sold "Beached for the Winter" (original oil), "Shadyside" (original watercolor), and "Skyward" (an older original watercolor) and one mini. It was a pretty good day, especially considering how enormously HOT HOT HOT it was. The artists were entertaining themselves watching the bank thermometer next to us go up to 97 degrees. It was like a sick (hot) game. By 4 o'clock I was woozy.

I'll be working the gallery for the next few days, so probably won't get a lot of painting done. Would like to have another original for the St. Peter's show on Saturday. We'll see....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
That's really great you sold three paintings! You will have to do some serious studying of Edward Hopper's work for some inspiration. I would guess that people are referring to your clean lines and bold use of color and contrast - what do you think? That is very cool!

Kim Klabe said...

Yes, I think that's what people are saying. I've always liked Hopper, but have been looking at him even closer now.

There's another (bigger) art show this weekend, so hoping to sell some more. Crossing my fingers.