Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a day.

So, yesterday started with a 5k at 8:00 a.m., which was fun...in the way that 5 k's are fun, that is. It was hot. I did well-sixth female overall.

Right after the 5k, I went out to Milton to plein-aire at the Milton Home and Garden Tour. Apparently I agreed to do this at some point, though I have no recollection. I received a letter in the mail the other day saying "thank you for agreeing to do this....you will be in garden #6." I was like, "huh???" So I called the number and the woman said, "yes, you did agree to do this." Okay. SO ANYWAY, I went out there and was situated in a beautiful garden behind this awesome restored home. The home was decorated to the hilt and absolutely breathtaking, as was the garden. He had a great old red barn in the backyard that was surrounded by hydrangea's, hostas, and other green growing things that I cannot identify. He also had a great big shade tree to set up under, so I stayed cool. I got a lot done, but didn't finish. Brought it home to finish up in the studio. I'll post when it's done.

So, AFTER THAT, I went home to get ready for the Mosaic Art Walk at the Gallery, which ran from 6-9. Sherry and I were the featured artists, and it was a lot of fun. I sold "Rehoboth Red Raleigh" (the original I just finished a week or so ago) and a giclee of "McQuay's Market". The only problem with that is that the Rehoboth Art League Member Show is coming up and I was going to enter "September Shade", but that sold last weekend. So I was going to enter "Rehoboth Red Raleigh", but.....so, not sure what I'll enter now. (A good problem to have, really).

Here are some shots from the Gallery last night. I painted in the window, which was fun in a different kind of way, and Sherry painted in the Gallery, when she wasn't getting involved in a million conversations with customers.

By the way, my daughter took all these pictures, except the one of her, which I took of her pretty self.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a day, no kidding!! Congrats on the 5k and all the sales! Can't wait to see the garden painting. Maybe you can enter that one in the Rehobeth show. I imagine painting in the window was interesting, to say the least. I love your portable set up, by the way.