Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wow.

Yesterday's St. Peter's show was incredible. Take a look at these crowds.







Fortunately it was a bad beach day, but the rain held off, so the crowds were huge. I sold more than I ever have at one show, and went home speechless. The oils are getting a much better response than my watercolors, and that's just fine with me. I've officially "broken up" with watercolors. Their belongings are scattered across the front yard.

Here's a shot of the finished "bicycle" painting - called "Rehoboth Red Raleigh". Took this one "wet" to the show and it garnered quite a bit of interest. This will probably be my entry for the Rehoboth Art League's member show since the painting I had planned to enter sold - "September Shade" which is a huge (and expensive painting of a home on Virginia Street with green and white awnings.

No comments: