Sunday, September 7, 2008

Purge-a-rama

Oh my GOD, the house is a mess. Now Robert has taken the cabinet doors off, so everything IN the cabinet shows. I don't know about you, but not all my cabinet "guts" are immaculately organized, ya know? Yeesh. They will be now. I'm also up in my daughters room (while she's away) throwing gobs and gobs of stuff out. Boxing some things for the attic, Goodwill'ing others, giving some to friends with daughters, etc. I have found clothing that still has tags, wadded up beach towels complete with buckets of sand which went everywhere when I "unwadded" them, school notebooks from years ago, etc. I'm trying to convince her to actually keep some semblance of organization in her closet and drawers so she knows what she has. I even told her that I would not be going school clothes shopping until she did this. And here I am, doing it. (I couldn't stand it any longer, and I'm more ruthless with getting rid of her stuff than she is.)

Got a lot done on the commissioned piece yesterday, at least in the left side/corner area. It's taking forever, but I now have faith that it's going to turn out just fine. I'd take a picture, but my camera is in the car. It'll have to wait, because I'm feeling to lazy to go out and get it.

Tonight is Gavin Degraw at the Bottle and Cork in Dewey Beach. The tickets were a birthday present from Robert. Sounds great, right? The only potential problem is that performers usually don't come on till 11 at the Cork, and I'm concerned about being AWAKE at that time. (Getting old......eh.) If I can make it, I'm sure it'll be a good one.

Buh bye for now....

No comments: