Wednesday, December 10, 2008

60 degrees and all is well

Wow, wouldn't it be nice if 60 degrees was as cold as it got in the winter? I think so...this is my kind of December, even if it's only for one day. I actually woke up last night and was too warm! We got to take a nice trail run today. Even the birds were singing. I think they were confused.

Just stopped at Wawa on the way home for a magazine to read before bed. But what I saw is going to keep me up for a while. A couple were fighting in a car a few spots down from me. I looked up when I heard them yelling, then saw the guy punch the girl directly in the face. I was stunned, never have seen anything like that in real life. I went inside, debating what to do. The strange thing is, on my way out, a Lewes cop pulled up next to them. Pure coincidence. It wasn't his jurisdiction, but I filled him in on what happened, just as the girl walked next to us, in to the store, sobbing her eyes out. He said he'd call the State Police. I hope he did, and I hope they got the guy. There's no need for that, ever. Really made me feel sick.

My son has a new girlfriend and is totally smitten. It's so funny, he walks around the house whistling and bouncing on his feet. He's hugging a lot too. It's nice to see.

Here's some photos of the mini's - some complete, some in progress.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, you're a painting fool! What are your plans for your little paintings? Are they difficult to control with your clean style?

My 19 year old is in love too (a first for him). Very sweet (and a little scary!) :o)

Violence is horrible to witness. I can't imagine what some little children must suffer. Makes me shudder. A friend of mine watched her neighbor drive/smash his truck repeatedly into his estranged wife's house. That kind of violence is disturbing to the core.

Kim Klabe said...

I'm "borrowing" Duane Keiser's idea of 100 for $100. My goal is to have 100 done by June. And no, these mini's are going quickly and easily. So far, they've been a joy. I imagine by the time I'm done with all these little things, I'll be ready to paint a billboard!