Monday, January 27, 2014

Laura

Laura - opens this weekend

I have the role of Laura in "Laura" at Possum Point Theatre. Opening night is Friday, January 31, 7:30 p.m. The show runs through two weekends, evening performances at 7:30 and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. The show is a psychological thriller and features a portrait of Laura which hangs in her apartment. Obviously, it's a self-portrait, which I was asked to paint for the show. The painting is 22 x 36 in oil, and I have spent more hours on this painting than any other. Self portraits are very difficult, for many reasons. For this one, I had the help of Alan Tuttle, a recent resident of the area, who is also an incredibly gifted artist. It's been very challenging, but also very fulfilling, and I learned a great deal.

I will post a photo of the painting from the stage sometime this week. Hope you can make it!

No comments: