Sunday, February 23, 2014

and it's 60 degrees and sunny

 Painting in progress. This is a little shack on the beach at Camp Arrowhead. This day was amazingly beautiful, and the greens and blues were this bright...or at least, they seemed so to me. Love the dark shadows and the deep, cool colors. This will be a fun one.

The title of this one is "Lost". Not because I was, but because that's how I felt on this particular evening. I was being coerced into ignoring some important things and manipulated into feeling others. As I looked out over this view, and was captivated by the mirror image of the water and sky, I was at the same time feeling a good deal of distress. Nature has a way of pointing you in the right direction, just by giving you something amazing to look at, to feel, to feed your soul.

No comments: