Friday, September 25, 2009

O'Keefe

"I hate flowers - I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move! - Georgia O'Keefe


Who'd have thunk it?

So, it's Friday and I haven't been in the studio much this week. Everytime I had it scheduled, some other extremely pressing (sarcasm here) matter came up. My son had a mini-emergency regarding coming home this weekend....just HAD to come home, and because it was an urgent matter for him, because an absolute emergency for me to deal with. (Sarcasm again...could ya tell?)

Sherry and I will be face painting tomorrow, hopefully not in the rain, at the Fun Fest at Winswept Stables. We volunteer our time, and all the money raised goes to the Ladies Auxilliary for Beebe Hospital. A good cause - they raised money for a new mammogram machine last year. Good work ladies.

Another commission came up yesterday, taking me to seven. Painting, marathon painting is in my future. Gotta block out some major time.

No comments: