Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December

One more month of 2009. I remember last New Year's Eve - feeling/hoping/wishing that 2009 would be a FANTASTIC year. Huh! Not so much. In fact, this year was one of the worst in many ways. Though it also has had some remarkably fantastic moments. The kids are healthy, we're in a new house, I'm in a new job, Dustin is happy in school, Haley is growing up to be a beautiful, fun, young woman. I know that New Year's Eve is just another day, really...but there's always something so hopeful about it. As if maybe, magically, the universe will alter itself in some way and January 1 will open the door to all and every good thing.

Haley and I will be decorating this week, and since I haven't put up our (fake) Christmas tree alone...for a very long time...it should be interesting. I'm anticipating quite a few words of a colorful variety. From me, not Haley. Well, who knows. She did decorate the tree by herself last year and did a fine job. The job is hers again this year, should she choose to accept the challenge. I'll bake cookies in return.


She loves to get in the Christmas tree box. Wonder if she'll fit this year?

No comments: