Monday, January 18, 2010

Figures

So, to clarify - figure work is painting people. Human form. Figures. I have decided to paint male figures. Specifically, male figures from the Lifeguard Competition last summer. I mean, the light was perfect, the sky was blue, and well, there were just SO MANY lifeguards....and well, they just were like....FIGURES. So, I just so happen to have quite a few photos from that day, which leaves me with quite a selection of figures to paint. And so far, I am really, really enjoying myself. With the figure study, I mean. It's good practice, you know, to really focus on the human form now and then, and get a little more "organic" and move away from the perspective and straight lines of houses/buildings/structures and such.

:) I will post pics soon...

No comments: