Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow


Today's Post Secret fave. I used to get called Spock as a kid, because I have one pointy ear (the other is "regular"). Kids are so mean. However, even though I was (and sometimes still am) embarassed by that ear, part of me thinks it's kind of cool too. How can two ears on the same head be so different? Is it genetic? Is Leonard Nimoy really my father?

So wow, did we get a lot of snow last night. We were scheduled to have a performance of "I Ought to be in Pictures" at Possum Point last night,and one this afternoon, but they were cancelled, wisely. Rescheduled for next weekend. At work, we were supposed to have "Poetry and the Permanent Collection" an event I was planning to attend from 1-5:30. Cancelled also. So for a day that was really packed full of things-to-do it ended up being just a nice relaxing day, napping, reading, eating, walking in the snow with Haley and watching a great movie. We watched "500 Days of Summer" which I absolutely loved and will be adding to our movie collection. Brilliant movie. Artfully done, funny, edgy, just great. A nice surprise. And I just love Zoey (can't remember her last name) who plays the female lead. She has been wonderful in everything I have seen her in. She was the blonde who played Will Ferrell's love interest in "Elf". Amazing voice and just the cutest way about her. The guy in the movie - not familiar with him but he did a fantastic job as well, especially with going from being wildy, crazily in love to emotionally mortally wounded.

Haley and I took a walk in the snow last night. It's the perfect kind of snow - powdery, and at night it's sparkly too. Amazingly pretty. Haley decided she wanted to know if a person's tongue would really stick to metal in the cold. She tried it on our street light, but I guess it wasn't really metal. So, she (against my advice) tried it on a stop sign. Voila! It worked! Fortunately, she only used the very tip of her tongue, and pulled it away quick enough. That was bad enough. Her tongue hurt for the rest of the night and was bright red on the tip. LOL. Lesson learned. The snow was deep, probably 6-8", and the night was so quiet. No cars. Not even any tracks in the snow. But the wind was blowing very hard and went the snow hit our eyes, it stung like little snow needles. We even made the obligatory snow angels, but when Haley hit the ground, her coat rode up and her bare back was against the snow. She was making squealing noises and I was cracking up.

Now it's studio time, if I can get my car out of the neighborhood. Looking forward to painting. Happy Sunday!

No comments: