Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Update on peeves.

So, we're in the heat of vacation time. Have I mentioned how much I hate those striped bike-monstrosity things that people rent and ride around town? I understand the novelty, and I'm sure the people who are riding them are having a grand ol' time. However, they are huge. Rehoboth streets are narrow, and there are no bike lines or shoulders on many of the roads. This means that these bikes ride down the center of the road, with the 4-6 people on them peddling madly....or not. Sometimes they just keep on pokin' along, as if they have no idea that there are cars behind them, fighting off the urge to do something similar to what the airline employee just did yesterday. (I love that guy, by the way. Who hasn't had the urge or the nerve to do what he did?) My favorite fantasy regarding these cutesy bikes is a large bazooka-like weapon that comes out of the hood and disintegrates the bike (without hurting any of our beloved tourists, of course.) What's even worse is trying to run down the narrow end of the boardwalk with one of these things taking up the width of the boardwalk. I just love that one.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

"striped bike monstrosity things" haha