Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Literature Utopia

"I had no illusions about love anymore. It came, it went, it left casualties or it didn’t. People weren’t meant to be together forever, regardless of what the songs say." 

— Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby


I look at words as art, especially when they're put together in a way that they make music. It makes a kind of beautiful trilogy: words, art, music. Three of my very favorite things.


When I come across a poem, a song, a quote from a piece of literature or sometimes a line in a movie or a play, and it hits me hard, all of a sudden I'm very conscious of being wide awake and paying very close attention. Often times, these are the quotes/songs/poems I share on here, because of that kind of impact. They are not necessarily a reflection of anything happening in my life, but more of an homage to them, in respect for their beauty. If I'm not painting, or just don't have anything ready to show as "in the works" I will share this type of art, because it too, feeds my soul and it feels good to share that.

No comments: