Saturday, December 7, 2013

P.R.!

Well, I did it! 3:48. Much better than I expected and very very happy. Also very very stiff and sore.

The weather held off, with the rain stopping pre- 7:00 a.m., which was the start time. There were puddles, which were a bit of a problem at times, especially on the trail, and mud - but hey, you can't have everything. The wind was bad up around Dairy Queen in Lewes, but that was short-lived. Mostly tail wind on the run back. At mile 24, I was at 3:30, so thought there was a very good chance I was going to make it. So I picked up my pace, which I have never done that late in the race. It felt good. I was smiling. When I saw the clock, man.....smile smile smile.

Great post race party with 16 mile beer and veggie burgers, which was a great surprise. FABULOUS day, local scene, lots of friends. Awesome.

No comments: