Sunday, June 7, 2009

This, that and the other.

So - some ramblings on a quiet, cool June night.

It's not raining, this is good.

It's 66 degrees out, so great sleeping weather. I have no blinds in my new house yet, so I've bought temporary (paper) blinds till the real ones arrive. These paper blinds fell off my windows at about 3 a.m. last night, causing me to jump probably six feet out of my bed. They made a lot of noise for paper.

I'm exhausted. Yet, it's midnight and I'm still awake. No kids, just me and the nice breeze from the window. Some car sounds from Plantations Road. Not obnoxious, just slight.

A couple of purple martins have built a nest RIGHT OUTSIDE MY FRONT DOOR. These are the same birds I've been trying to get to nest in a bird house at the old house. No luck, until right before I moved. These birds are great for eating mosquitos, and are pretty cool in general - however, they dive bomb you if you get within spitting distance of their nest. So, you see that their building a nest right outside my front door is a bit...uh, inconvenient. They have come within inches of my head - like they're protesting me coming out of my own house! You know if I had a big ol' purple martin house in the backyard, they'd probably ignore it and still build their nest where they did. My mom says "tear the nest down". No, can't do it mom. I'll just duck and run.

Rehearsal went till 10:30 tonight. Ugh. Tech week begins. Next week should be lighter, as far as "things to do" goes. I plan on having as much FUN as humanly possible when the mini's are done and opening weekend is over. And I'm looking for someone to have said fun with, so if you know of anyone.... :)

I really should go to bed. So I think I will. Night all.

2 comments:

This Crazy Life of 437 said...

RAMBLINGS! I LOVE IT!!!
and I agree with your mother - tear the nest down!

Kim Klabe said...

No! There's babies!