Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday

It's peaceful. Just got back from the studio, where I'm working on a large version of "Hello Hopper". I know that name sounds like what you'd say the day after a long night on the town, but....no. If you check out the mini's on my website, you'll see the painting (pass the mouse over the paintings for the title). The mini just made me think of a Hopper painting, hence the name. It was my favorite of all of them and it sold today. I'm doing a larger one because I just love the house and the shadows, and it just plain old gives me a good feeling to look at. (Terrible sentence structure there, sorry.)

So, the mini's are selling. This Saturday is ST. PETER'S ART SHOW on the FOURTH of JULY! Whew! Lewes ought to be nuts. I hope to get there at the a** crack of dawn to set up so I'm not stuck in the crazy traffic. I'm terrible at setting up for art shows, especially if I have to do it alone. I don't have a mechanical bone in my body, so that tent is a gigantic pain in the butt for me. Then there's the setting up of the art panels - UGH. But it'll get done, one way or the other. I will have the mini's at the show and some new originals as well. There are shuttles running from the ninth grade academy on Savannah Road. Park there, shuttle in, and check it out. It's a wonderful art show.

Time to paint some wine glasses for the gallery - those things sell like hotcakes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally had a chance to check out all the mini's on your web site - they look great! I love "Hello Hopper," the larger size will be stunning, and I especially love the ones you did on a red ground.

I don't know how you go about setting up by yourself. Hope it goes well!