Saturday, March 13, 2010

Post Secret and blogs in general

http://www.postsecret.com is one of my favorite websites. Every Sunday, they print a batch of people's "secrets" that are anonymously mailed in on very interesting post cards, usually homemade. And every Sunday I enjoy looking through them and picking out a favorite. The favorite doesn't necessarily mean anything to me...after all, it's not MY secret, it's someone else's. It just means I liked it, for whatever reason. Just wanted to make that clear, as my understanding is that some people have thought that either a) the Post Secret's were my creation or b) I was sending out some kind of personal message through someone else's secret. Not so in either case. Sometimes my favorites are really racy or vulgar, and even though they may be my favorite that week, I don't put them on my blog.

This blog often seems like just a way to journal - throwing random thoughts out into the cyber universe, and then I remember that some people actually read it. If you're one of those, take it for what it is. Primarily an art blog with the occasional rant, music video, song lyric, post secret or occasional angst.

Sherry and I are going to dissassemble/reassemble the studio today. We're going to "fung shui" it. I have no idea if that is spelled right. But anyway, it needs it. We have been so busy just working in there, that it has become a mess. Time for a good spring cleaning. Then paint, paint, paint.

No comments: