Sunday, March 7, 2010

sun


Wow,this was a pretty nice day. People actually looked happy walking around town. Seemed like everyone had their dog out, and were getting as much vitamin D as they could, in case it left again for a while. This has been such a difficult winter, weather-wise. Ran on the Junction Breakwater trail today, and it was a mess! Trees down, areas that were impassible due to standing water, pinecones and branches all over. I've never seen it that bad. But it still felt great to get out there and run it. It's been almost a year since I've run the trail, which is so weird, considering I used to run it 3 or 4 times a week when I lived in the old house. It's kind of like my old life got turned upside down - the things I did, I stopped doing, and replaced them with other things. It's been kind of interesting, but now it feels like I may be settling a little; finding some kind of middle-ground that's new but familiar as well. I think I just had to go in the opposite direction of where I was headed before in order to re-find myself and figure out where I wanted to go.

Wow, deep.

Yeah, no.

Haley and I just had chinese food followed by Coldstone. I haven't had Coldstone in probably a year either. Man, that sweet cream flavor is the bomb. I like stirring it in the cup until it's like a milkshake. While I was doing that, I realized I probably should have just gotten a milkshake. Hmm.

The clocks spring forward next weekend. THANK THE LORD! I absolute detest the short days and long nights of winter. Probably even more than I hate the cold weather. I am so so so looking forward to it. I don't even care about losing the hour of sleep, I'll just go to bed early. No prob!

Still haven't posted my vaca pics. Yeesh. This week was so damned busy, and it flew by. Then this weekend was crazy busy too. Hopefully this week will be quieter and I can get them on here.

Happy SUNday.

No comments: