Sunday, March 21, 2010

You look like, and you don't look like



Okay, so I do identify with this Post Secret, though it's not mine. And I imagine it's not a rare phenomenon, in fact not a "phenomenon" at all. I look nothing like my family, because I'm adopted. I have heard everything from - "oh, you look just like your Dad..and sometimes have heard it about my mom, which is very strange because, really...we look nothing like each other. My Dad at least has dark hair. My brothers look just like each other - to "Oh, you must be the milkman's" because I look nothing like any of them. Really, I don't care much. However, when I did meet my biological mother and sister, it was extremely bizarre to look exactly like my mother and somewhat like my sister. I'm talking Twilight Zone time. Very, very weird. I had spent my whole life not seeing a family resemblance, then saw it face-to-face many years later. Genetics are pretty fascinating.

So, what a great weekend. Great weather, and managed to have some fun too. Went to the beach for a few hours on Saturday, went out Saturday night, and got some exercise and outside time today. Lots of people working on the yards and looking very happy about it too. Got some studio time in today also and will post an updated shot of "No Loitering" later.

Off to a non-profit seminar at the U of D Monday and Tuesday. Should be fun.

No comments: