Tuesday, March 15, 2011

They say it's your birthday

Happy 16th birthday to my beautiful daughter. Seems like yesterday (4 years ago) Dustin was turning 16 and learning to drive. Now he's gone off to college, and I know Haley will be gone soon too. That's kind of a hard concept to grasp.

Painting is moving right along. There's a couple that are bugging me, but I've decided to just sit them aside and keep moving forward. I can always go back and tweak here and there on the problem ones. Sometimes the more time spent NOT messing with them makes the solution much clearer.

Spring is rapidly on its way - 5 more days. Flower stems are popping up everywhere, and the daffodils at the art league are almost ready to bloom. I saw some forsythia getting started too. Spring is such a hopeful time and such a great relief to the long, depressing days of winter. I'm so looking forward to putting all the sweaters, boots and blankets away for a while and paring down.

No comments: