Monday, November 9, 2009

Estrangement and confusion and way too much thinking.

Why is it that the less time I have to do things, the more efficient I become in getting them done? If there's a spare half-hour and I need to clean, I will clean quickly. If I have all day to clean, I will put it off and maybe it won't get done at all. Same goes for painting, or grocery shopping, or whatever. There's something about a deadline or limited time for me that just makes things happen.

I had some comments about the "Breathing" post a few days ago. Just song lyrics y'all. Just like them. Same goes for the Post Secrets, just like them. Sometimes there's meaning behind them, sometimes they're just cool.

The Film Festival starts this weekend. I've been carefully making my choices. It's almost as fun as creating my Netflix queue.

So, I have several commissions that need to be done by Christmas, some by Thanksgiving. This week is going to be a week full of painting in the evenings. Looks like a whirlwind couple of months on the way. We are having a Black Friday Cash n Carry sale at B.A.S.E. where much of the art will be marked down for holiday specials. Truly a great way to get some fabulous art at a great price. But remember, we're starving artists and can only mark things down so much. We're already eating enough peanut butter and jelly.

So the question of the day - if someone makes a mistake, then makes it again and then once more and is punished for it each time...seriously punished...would that person make that mistake again? And if so, why? How many times does it take someone to learn from a mistake? And is it like the ancient yogis believe - that we are here to live this life, to make mistakes and learn from them. If we don't learn everything we need to learn, we are destined to repeat until we have learned. Only then can we move on to nirvana, to eternal life. I hate making mistakes, especially big ones, and will beat myself up for it, probably more than any punishment given by any outside party. If I make the same mistake again, look out....not only am I in great disbelief that it happened again, but Lord, I am impossible to be around for quite a while. Once is enough.




No comments: