Friday, November 6, 2009

Namaste

This weekend I'll be in my 500-level yoga training with Silver Lotus. Susan Hamadock is the instructor and she teaches svadhyaya yoga. Hope I have that spelled right. It's yoga which focuses on the study of the "self" - crucial for getting in touch with spirit/mind/body. Susan is a fabulous instructor, and is who I completed my 250-level with. (Also completed a 250 with the Yoga Institute in Houston TX.) This is a pretty in depth study, and is one of four (?) weekends, I believe. Usually a very peaceful thing, and it's very disconcerting to leave the studio at lunch. Everything is so quiet in the yoga studio - lots of meditating and quiet talk, asanas, chanting...and then you go out on route 1 for lunch. :) Not so quiet. So another weekend with limited painting time. I am squeezing it in during the evenings and early morning hours with an occasional lunch hour carved out. Things get done. Eventually. Caffeine helps.

No comments: