Friday, May 2, 2008

Arti Gras

Man, plein aire painting is TOUGH! I find it extremely frustrating, but I'm not giving up on it yet. The difference between a studio piece and a plein aire piece is huge. Loockerman Street in Dover was closed for this event tonight, which was kind of like a block party. There were bands, vendors, artists and MIMES. MIMES! Children mimes. They were hideous, and kept coming up behind me and posing in these creepy, frozen stances. Then they had a make-believe baseball game in the middle of the street that was so realistic, I ducked when the ball appeared to be coming my way. (I hate mimes, now more than ever.)

So, here's a few shots of the street, and of my crappy painting. There was nothing much to paint, so I painted the Bell, Book and Candle shop which is where I was assigned to be. It's a, um....wicca-kind-of-fairy-dust-occult but not in a scary way- yoga-ish-sandalwood scented-kind of store. I gave them the painting and they were thrilled. I was thrilled to have it leave my hands. Ugh.

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

MIMES???

And you made fun of my fear of CLOWNS!! (now those are some creepy s***!)