Saturday, May 24, 2008

Friends and Art

Changing Seasons sold last night - here's a pic.


That's two in two nights - that's a good thing. :)

Sometimes it's nice to have a friend who will tell you exactly what they're thinking. My BFF Tina was over last night and will look at a "finished" painting and point out things that need to be corrected. It's easy to miss the obvious when you've been working on a particular painting for a while, and she never worries about offending me by telling me what's wrong. Her comment was, "that's not finished, right?" (Yes, it was...technically.) So I asked what she saw and she told me. When I woke up with the sun this morning (why is it so easy to wake up at six in the spring/summer but nearly impossible in the winter?) I couldn't stop thinking about "fixing" the painting. So I got out of bed and fixed it. Now I feel better.

No comments: