Saturday, August 2, 2008

Digging my way out...

I think maybe the rut is pushing off. (yay) I think it could have been a bit of "painter's block". The painting I was working on was not making me happy, and then I had a large house painting commission that I have been procrastinating on. The house is lovely, but large and detailed. I finally broke the seal by just painting in the sky yesterday. That was enough to get me interested. Then I went back to the other painting - a beach painting, which is a departure, but something I'm trying to do more of. I think it's going to be okay. I'm still working with it, but it has possibilities.

Here's a shot of the beach painting so far.




And here's a shot of the house commission that's being blocked in. See what I mean? It's going to take a while.




Now I think I'll go rollerblading. Would like to run, but tomorrow is a race and that would not be too bright on my part. Hopefully I won't fall and break a hip or something.

2 comments:

This Crazy Life of 437 said...

Ooooh! That commission piece IS going to take a while. But 50 bucks says it'll be beautiful when it's done (like all of your work).

Speaking of $$$, my father was asking me how much you are selling "Hollyhocks" for.

Kim Klabe said...

Yup. Gonna take some time.

Hollyhocks is selling for $395.00. The prints will probably be $45-50. I'll be getting prints made soon, and will send a freebie down that'a'way.