Sunday, August 3, 2008

Still a little slug left.

So, last week was my worst 5 miler, and today I followed up with my worst (at least in a while) 5k. Aren't you proud of me? Just didn't have the competitive spirit today, so just kind of plodded along, just letting myself enjoy the run. So now I've allowed myself to be a SLACKER for two races, and that's enough of that.

What a beautiful day! Too bad I'm working, it'd be a great beach day. I'm watching all the traffic go by on Route 1. Lots of people here on vacation.

After work today, gotta hit the grocery store and get the house cleaned. Haley is coming back tomorrow from her trip to Florida and then to her Dad's house. Her room has been clean for three weeks now - a RECORD. Of course, the fact that she hasn't been home probably had something to do with that. Dustin's room, on the other hand, not so much. The room has taken on a decidedly "funky" smell, that could be described as "eu de 17 year old boy". When I pulled his dirty clothes hamper out of closet, I almost tossed my cookies. Blecccch. He is so big now that he dwarfs his bed. He has a queen, and his arms and legs hang right off the edges. Even though they are both slobs and use me as a taxi service/maid/cook, I still miss them when they're gone.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll get some painting in tonight when all the other crap I need to do is done. Have a good week!

No comments: