Friday, August 22, 2008

Last weekend

Last weekend was the Rehoboth Art League Outdoor Show. This show is very close to the beach, with Henlopen Acres bordering the beach on one side. Here's the beautiful beach at 8:15 that morning.

One of the best times to be on the beach....empty, quiet, serene.
There were a few fishermen.....

and a lone woman. (I envied her at this moment)

But it was not a day at the beach for me and a bunch of other artists. Here's where we were.


On the beautiful shaded grounds of the Art League. What a setting.






And here's something kind of funny. I like to feed the birds (and the squirrels, and the deer, and the hummingbirds) in my backyard. Under the bird feeder grew a sunflower plant. Not your typical sunflower, this one was more like a sunflower bush, with lots and lots of flowers. I loved it, as it grew on its own and was a nice surprise. One day I noticed that there were piles of petals on the deck railing, and that the bush looked like it had been stepped on. I figured it was my kids messing with it, and didn't think much more about it, other than I'd wish they'd leave things alone. Then I started noticing the petals under the deck table and in various other places on the back deck. One day I saw the culprit with my own eyes and laughed. Robert was lucky enough to capture the thief IN ACTION!


Who'd have thought? I've never seen this before. This little guy looked like a 60's flower child, running across the deck with a flower as big as his head. I guess he eats the seeds out of the flowers and leaves the petals as an offering. Cute, huh?

Tomorrow is the Children's Beach House show. Should be a fun time - noticed they have margarita machines set up....mmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bee-utiful beach and show! Your squirrel encounter is much cuter than mine, fer sher. Also, I've never heard of a 'margarita machine'! I'll be adding that to my Christmas list this year.

Have fun!

This Crazy Life of 437 said...

damn I miss that beach