Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Small victories

YES, I did run after work and actually did some speed-work as well! Yes! It felt really, really good to flush out my legs and clear my head as well. I was doing pole-to-pole work, sprinting to one telephone pole, slowing down till the next, repeat....

My kids are back home and chaos reigns. My daughter, the sleepover queen, has two giggle-boxes spending the night. My son was playing Guitar Hero in the kitchen, volume turned way up, trying to compete with the volume of the television airing "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" in the other room. My son's room is resplendent - (is that a word?) with clothes, towels, plates, glasses everywhere. Life is normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You suck! Oops, I mean, that's GREAT! I think your kids being away had you completely out of synch. Welcome back! I may try your workout tomorrow morning. Haha - I'll let you know how that goes, if I live to tell about it!

Kim Klabe said...

:) You're probably right about the kids. It always feels better when they're with me, even though they trash the house.

Good luck on your run! Don't die!